View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 09:02 PM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by tpgcirrus View Post
I had the choice and went CJ3.... seems to be a common choice here. Few people went over to the BE40 by choice and switched back. BE40's are broken all the time and you get airline between them a lot mid tour. I have enjoyed my time on the CJ3
I flew the BE400 at NetJets and can confirm they're a POS. I had one 7 day tour where I never saw the inside of the BE400 because it never came out of mx. Spent 7 days in a TPA hotel. It also has bad performance numbers. Aspen in summer, approaching 80F you're not going to make single engine climb numbers even with just 3200lbs of fuel and no pax. Anywhere hot and high and you're taking just enough fuel to make it somewhere not hot and high to refuel for the destination. I does fly like a large aircraft, I had lots of time on B737, 727, and A320 prior to NetJets. Probably why the USAF uses it for training.

Baggage space is very limited. You frequently have to use the Lav area and put up a cargo net. Pax want to stow their stuff on the aisle unrestrained where it may join you in the cockpit at warp speed.

If you want to fly and not get lots of airline miles going to another jet I'd bid for the CJ3.