View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 11:03 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
I have a similar question. I recently accepted a CJO with a carrier. On my interview I was asked about my Checkride failures I mentioned my CSE and my CFII failures I mentioned 2 of my CSE and 1 CFiI but while explaining it I missed one of my CSE failure. Now I’m worried that even though I did disclose my failures on what checkride I failed since I missed one it might be something that I can get fired for on my PRIA check?
When you say "CSE," do you mean "commercial, single-engine?" You say you told the employer about two commercial failures but missed one? Failed the commercial three times?

If you read the thread, PRIA ends, PRD begins.

Unless your employer wrote down the specifics of each training failure, chances are what they saw and heard was simply, "I had a training failure." If you missed one when you described your history, then it's easily explained later, if you're given the chance. On the other hand, if you've had enough training failures that one is easily missed, that could be a problem, too.

When an application asks if you've ever had (fill in your favorite issue), then the word "ever" generally means the plain-English rendering: since recorded history began. Since the start of your lifetime. Since the big bang. Ever.

If the employer wanted to know a specific period of time, there's a good chance that the employer would have so-stated; have you had, in the last five years, for example.