Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 05:01 PM
followingdreams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by multipilot View Post
What's the story with FE hiring direct entry captains? I checked out their hiring page out of sheer curiosity and see they have a position open for Captains. I am currently a Citation X PIC. The schedule and QOL, at least on the surface, look similar to what I am doing now. The operator I work for now though has no longer become an end in and of itself.

Also, and I apologize if this has been asked before, how strict are they regarding the requirement to live within 1 hour of an airport with airline service? I live 10 mins from a regional airport that has regional airline service, maybe 4-5 flights a day, but about an hour and a half away from a major hub.
I cant comment on the story about DE Captains (as I am just an FO) but to your second point, they are very flexible. If you are within 1.5 hours of a MAJOR base and you are willing to drive that at the start and end of your rotation, I think that would be fine. However, they also pretty flexible on regional airports. I know many pilots who live near VERY small regional airports without any issues.

I will say, I am VERY happy here. They are a growing company that has a very well communicated vision moving forward. I will be happy if I never have to interview for another pilot job again and I think that may be possible here.