View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 09:31 PM
JohnnyBekkestad
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by MIAMIA View Post
Which regionals tend to have shorter trips?

I am looking to apply to regionals soon... Being home with my family as much as possible is important to me. We're willing to move to (almo
st) any base. I'd rather do more shorter trips than less longer ones. I'd prefer 1-2 day trips, but 3-day trips are fine too.

I've heard that SkyWest and Horizon tend to offer shorter trips? CommutAir and Boutique Air have also been mentioned to me. I think Breeze Airways and Allegiant have day trips only. How accurate is this? What other airlines should I look at?
SkyWest has locals but they tend to go very senior, it all depends on what domicile you are based of.
And looking at your screen name it looks like you live in Miami, so now you have to take commute into account.
I used to commute from Port Saint Lucie to ORD. And my personal preference was more efficient month rather than trip per trip. So the less time i needed to spend commuting to ORD the better. I might have been gone gone 20 days in a row. But that still gave me 10-11 days off in a row with my family. Rather than commuting to work after 2 days off all the time.