Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 09:56 AM
multipilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey Multi,

The Company is hiring Direct Entry Captains because of unprecedented growth (and some attrition, I’m sure…).. The Company historically avoided hiring “Street Captains” because they know that promoting from within first is key to morale, and that by hiring Captains off the street, that you are getting an unknown quantity and quality of pilot. But when we start a new fleet (and none of our pilots have types in that fleet) or when we promote Captains in one fleet into a new fleet (earning their current PIC pay in the right seat until they get their required time in type), then we need Direct Entry Captains. Also, it takes Captains to create Captains, and we have SIC’s who don’t have the total time or time in type to upgrade yet.., so thus the need for Direct Entry Captains.

As far as where you can live, no Company that I know of is more permissive about where you can live. I live mostly in ILM and part time in SMF. We have many pilots who commute out of places like DHN, OAJ, PGV, etc, so I can’t imagine that your airport has any less airline service than these do. All of these airports are nowhere near a major hub, so you would be fine.
Thanks for the info! While an airline career would be great (as you've previously mentioned), I am ultimately looking for a down-to-earth company that values people while offering growth potential - not just income growth (but that is important), but growth opportunities into another fleet type, additional responsibilities, etc. - and a good work/home balance. I want to work somewhere I can see the company as an end-in-itself rather than a means to an end. I'm just now beginning to learn more about FlyExclusive, and will very likely apply in the near future.