View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 07:38 PM
hotmicoffNOW
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by AR1978 View Post
How far out can you schedule an interview?

From reading on here it appears that a CJO is good for 6 months, and that usually it takes 4 weeks to schedule an interview and 11 weeks from the interview/CJO to start INDOC. I just received the Delta Online Assessment invite. I'm about to start training with Spirit and as much as I would like to work for Delta, studying for an interview while doing training seems like a recipe for failure. I've also heard of people leaving training for interviews, but I would not want to do that for various reasons. I did not see this question answered elsewhere on the forums, so apologize if I missed it somewhere.

I was in the exact same boat as you, was able to move the interview up into the week at home for systems training at Spirit. Then was able to fully focus on the rest of the type rating. Left after I was officially assigned my class date. I contemplated leaving early but by the time my class was confirmed I was at my checkride anyways. I had about three weeks notice to prep for the interview and that worked okay during the evening after class.

I had some classmates in similar situations who decided to wait until the end of training and they just explain it to Delta and with the delays to schedule interviews, you may not even have to worry about an interview interfering with your schedule.