View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 03:29 PM
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by The Dominican View Post
Things will get interesting. Chatting with an inspector recently and there is a lot of talk in the industry about DEC's at the majors. Things are not like they used to be back in the day, where people would take any city and even move their family to take command. Now a days the F/O contracts are giving people a good lifestyle and they are not willing to sacrifice anything to get to the left seat. That will create many vacancies left unfilled and airlines will put bodies on seats anyway they can. Even the traditional requirements are being taken away.

I've experienced every cycle since the one at the end of the 80's and this is by far the most dynamic. People are jumping ship for 10 dollars more an hour and being able to hold their homebase. Literally!
I would be shocked if United MEC send out their TA. I highly doubt the rates are much higher than they are at Envoy and Piedmont.

This should help Negotiations at Frontier and Spirit though. Now management will have to come to the table offer in order to compete.

This doesn’t bode well for Air Wisconsin or regionals whose margins can’t match Envoy and Piedmont.

This doesn’t bode well PSA neither. Because management wants SAP and SAP isn’t something that the pilot group will let go lightly. I think the next move for AA in their playbook is to get the CRJ onto another AA WO certificate and threat to give up SAP, take what is offered or shut PSA down…