View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Justin Case
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: F/O on the Eskimo

Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
Can anyone confirm that the informational flyer is indeed being handed out to passengers? What feedback was received? I wonder about the efficacy of these types of brochures. Being an advocate of non-confrontational methods, I am a little disturbed by the implied threat of a strike. However, I understand the reasons behind it. I have said many times before on this board that if there is ever a strike, this lawyer is going down to the picket line with food and drink and moral support for my friends. [I might even be persuaded to fly my little C-172 and drop stink bombs on the roof of Alaska headquarters! ]

A final thought – is it possible to negotiate collaboratively given a “common enemy” in the form of Virgin America? The way I see it, management and the pilot group cannot do without the other and both sides know that. By trying to knock down the other side, you are only hurting yourself in the long term.
Here I go again being negative. I have been told the leaflets were accepted well by customers. There was no implied threat of a strike. Although, a majority of pilots (as discovered through polling) feel self-help is the only way to get management to negotiate. A large percentage of the pilot group is tired of being knocked down and just don't care what happens.