Old 06-24-2022, 08:02 AM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Hey SpanishPilot.

Originally Posted by SpanishPilot View Post
Hello everyone!

I’m thinking in applying. I’m looking for QOL and a good salary and benefits.
How likely is to get a 15/13 schedule? I’ll be commuting from Spain.
How many hours you guys fly per month on average?
How much (net salary) can I expect?
I understand you are guaranteed 13 days off. Can they involuntary schedule you to fly on those days?
How long in advance you get your schedule?
How long is the initial training? Days off during training?

Thank you!!
Hey SpanishPilot,

They would love for you to choose the 15/13, and that is a junior schedule award, so I would say that it is about 100% likely that you would get and keep 15/13. I would say that you will get between 40 an 60 hours per month, depending on your fleet. Starting pay (No Bonuses, Extra days, or $12,000+ 15/13 schedule per diem included) is $81,000. Lots of chances to make more money here and there. Your days off are your days off and their is no "Junior Manning" here: Your schedule is pretty much written in stone unless you decide to or agree to change it.. Once you get your schedule, you will know what days you are working a year in advance. Of course, with our type of flying, you will hve no clue WHERE you will be on those duty days.. Training is roughly one month with some required CBT brior to INDOC, 5 days of INDOC in KISO, and roughly 3 weeks of simulator training at FSI or CAE. You usually get a day or two off during initial, but that is for studying, LOL.

I hope that helped to answer your questions.