View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 07:46 PM
FNG320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: A320 FO
Angry

Originally Posted by banger

I guess it's not really fair to say that I don't agree since I really don't know your opinion. I just got the vibe you were pushing for a pay increase and even though I would love one I don't think right now is the time to take it. Attending the pocket session yesterday I get the impression we will be hard pressed to even turn a profit next quarter. If we do and its sizeable well then just call me a sucker but I just don't see it.
We are on the right track with recent fare increases but we have a way to go to be able to afford any pay raises. I"m happy to keep what I have until I see a couple of very profitable quarters and things going in the right direction. Then give me the raise.

Don't count on it. Remember, we had 4 quarters in 2002, no pay raise (over 16% profit margin), 4 quarters in 2003 and no pay raise (over 17% profit margin), 4 quarters in 2004 with no pay raise (over 10% profit margin). 2002 and 2003 were record setting years and no raise or cost of living adjustment. Remember you are not keeping what you have. You are losing 2-4% per year based on inflation. (lost almost 10% of our buying power since the fall of 2001 due to inflation).

Why can't they increase the ticket prices just one !@#$%^& US dollar and give us all a 2.5%pay raise for inflation. We can raise the ticket price for fuel, but not for employee expenses. Well, its all about the company. Long live the company. Let the employees be damned.

Just my opinion.....

FNG