View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 07:25 AM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Oh, horse$hit. This isn’t an ARGUMENT at all. I stated up front that once the order was given, the military had no choice BUT to enforce it, because they now can’t afford the precedent if they don’t. But that doesn’t stop it from being a STUPID order. And EITHER losing 60,000 troops OR establishing a precedent that you can’t afford to establish is an unequivocally bad outcome. while YOU may not consider the loss of 60,000 troops to be any big deal, others do:

And the poor bast@rds stuck in Army recruiting are going to be stuck there longer because with 9/12th of the FY gone, the Army has only recruited about 40% of those programmed:

The issue isn’t one about entitlement, the issue is one about simple leadership competence. If you read the recent report on the fire onboard the Bonhomme Richard, you start to wonder what happened to it at the senior leadership level. These guys lost a $3 Billion warship IN THE SHIPYARD by failing at some pretty basic stuff.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/20...of-three-star/

If those of us who have served can’t critique the military when they foul up without being shouted down for “entitlement and victimhood” who can?

It's not that complicated.

You either take the vaccine or you don't. The individuals are given the choice. Me and a lot of others didn't want the Anthrax series, but you know what? We carefully weighed the risk/benefit matrix in our heads and decided to suck it up and take it. Spoiler alert: I lived and now I don't have to worry about mysterious powders arriving in my mail.

This is 100 percent no different. It is just on a larger scale because the Covid vaccine became a political hot potato and generated a boatload of misinformation and outright lies that were sold to mostly young and impressionable service members. How many service members have died of anthrax? How many have suffered complications due to the vaccine? Same with flu. Same with every single vaccine that a young and exceptionally healthy population takes. Should we make them optional too?

So, you can throw out all the red herrings about young people, recruiting, the BHR incident, etc that you want, but when you focus on this single issue, the military is 100 percent correct. The vast majority of people (not you) throwing darts and rabble rousing have never spent a day of their lives in uniform and are just throwing gas on the fire for outrage and ratings.

Like all manufactured crises, the military will persist through it and do just fine.