View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 08:38 AM
Duffman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Ohlsan View Post
- this is a dumb order because it can’t be followed, No FDA vaccine to take in the US. Remember the FDA approved vaccine is the only one that can be ordered to take. Everyone that took an EUA did so voluntarily, with little protection if something happened.

- small vocal minority: some whistle blower reports are close to 400,000 troops not fully vaccinated that is roughly 20% of the military. If they follow through with this order the US military will be combat ineffective at a time in history where we need a strong military.

- I believe the 20% is accurate because of how hard the military is working to segregate and hide the non-vaccers, my unit alone lost 25% of its pilots last week, due to the order. We have a deployment in a couple years and will struggle to meet the required personnel for it.

- “expendable and replaceable”: apparently not, have you seen the recruiting numbers lately, not even “Top Gun” will save us this time.
​​​
- this is not the normal black and white order, there is enough gray area, that those that are not getting the vaccine honestly believe they are fighting an illegal order. And from my research I think they might be right.
Moderna and Pfizer have full approval, which is why I thought they haven't started DD214ing guys until very recently
https://www.houstonmethodist.org/blo...means-for-you/

Also, I'm going to need to see sources before I believe 20% of the military is going to fall on their sword for this. Maybe some Guard squadrons are 'hiding' people, but I can assure you the federal military is not. I know lots of people who weren't happy, but everyone got the vaccine, and it's 'known' who isn't vaccinated because they aren't worldwide deployable and many of our partner countries won't let them in their borders.

Also, it's not the vaccines that are chasing pilots out of the Air Force, it's the airlines hiring anybody willing to put in an app and pay them more than an O6 to work 15 days a month, live wherever they want, and not have to put up with 90% admin for 10% flying.