View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 12:16 PM
53WireWizard
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Originally Posted by Ohlsan View Post
I know we will never agree on the legality of the order ( we will let the courts decide I guess) and I’m not going to change your mind, but this mandate is breaking the military, if they continue down the path we are on the military will never be the same. Morale is in the toilet, retention and recruiting numbers are the worse we have seen in 20 years.
I promise you, the vaccine mandate is not the reason main behind any of this. Morale, retention and recruiting were all down even before Covid came around, even during the Trump years there was no money for anything and we always had to make due with the bare minimum towards the end of the fiscal year. Pay raises aren't matching inflation, BAH doesn't cover rent, and PCS moves cost service members money, would you reenlist into that? Unless you're desperate to get out of the area you grew up in or are about to be homeless, the military really isn't attractive to most kids graduating HS now, they see the problems that people are leaving the military with and wisely choosing to pursue something else. This mandate is going to go over like the anthrax one did, the real issue is the political climate in America, and that's not going to get solved anytime soon. I just wonder if it's going to reach Civil War V.2 levels before it's all said and done.