View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 10:24 AM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool It’s just basic cleaning..

Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
121 regional guy looking for a change and a 15/13 schedule. What is a typical day like, any info is good, like is it min rest and 12 hour days? Am i cleaning and vacuuming the airplane myself? Can I get reasonably health food while working? Are the passengers reasonable to work with?
Hey Breeze,

Like everybody else said, the cleaning is just basic stuff where we treat the jet like it is our own or just like our own car.. When our passengers deplane, we do a quick vacuum if it needs it. We will give the tables a quick wipe, and give the toilet a quick flush to see if it smells OK, LOL.. So sure, we do a little cleaning, but I don’t feel that my dignity has been compromised any more than it is when I am at home cleaning up after 4 dogs, kids, etc..

As far as working hard, they say that we work less than some of our competitors, but less than others.. So we are somewhere in the middle. Min rest nights? Absolutely.. This rotation, we had two min rest days (Under 11 hours of rest) in a row, but got additional rest because of it. How hard you work here is also fleet dependent, where the Excels and smaller often do more legs than the Super mids and bigger.

It’s a pretty fun gig…