View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 01:37 AM
20Fathoms
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by fly4fun14 View Post
I'll cavet this by saying I don't work at Breeze but I was looking at them as a potential employer.

I don't agree with you but I don't disagree with you either. Looking at it objectively Breeze is arguably doing better than everyone thinks.

DN is using the same strategy he used with Azul in Brazil, with the primary difference being Breeze aircraft do not have the TVs but they do have entertainment via your own device like American and United. The other difference from Azul is the premium heavy cabins. From a strategic standpoint what Breeze is doing should be sound.

It also seems like the operational snafu that happened in May/June time frame has fixed itself since they had no cancellations in July and as far as I can tell didn't need Omni to do any flights. You could also argue that DN recognized the problems and fixed it by hiring a new president and new "chief of people".

From a new pilot perspective if you live in Richmond, Norfolk, New Orleans, Charleston, Hartford then really Breeze is your only option if you don't want to commute or drive multiple hours to make it to work.

For the Provo, Tampa, Providence bases they are obviously competing with Delta, JetBlue, Spirit when it comes to driving to work. If you look at FO Reserve guarantee, Breeze pilots make more or the same (including the $2000/month commuting stipend...without it they aren't competitive) as those airlines for the first 3 years. One would hope a TA would be out by then.

Additionally it's the only airline that has the mix of 1 to 4 day trips on the a220, home every night and charter ops. Depending on what you like, that can help with quality of life.

That being said the 401K matching is not close and they no longer have profit sharing.

It comes to seniority obviously Breeze would be the choice.

All that to say I could certainly see them sticking around, and I could certainly understand why somebody would or would not choose to go to Breeze, but to flat out say they are going to fail or that there is no reason to choose them isn't accurate.
Breeze and Delta pay the same the first 3 years? Not up to date with the Breeze contract, but that seems unlikely even with that boost you mentioned. Delta has new hires on the 765 which is widebody pay. We also have captains in multiple bases and fleets with less than a year seniority….