Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 11:59 AM
RimonaGregie
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2022

Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
According to NJA and the union leadership, there is no money to pay competitive compensation. I could have sworn I've heard this before. The company is hinting at an IBI23 and 600 planes by the end of next year to try and entice new hires to stay instead of leaving for a regional where they will make 20-30% more immediately. The bonanza in soft money isn't quite what was alluded to at the expos.

What am I leaving out?
What is IBB?

A method that appears to negotiate in good faith, where the company and labor appear to have the same goals, where a slightly “cost plus” agreement under a variable cost structure is framed in the company’s interest.

What is NJASAP?

An organization that appears to operate as a labor union, but in reality is managed by a toxic group of management supporting sycophants, appearing to act in the pilot’s best interest.

NJA is probably one of the most successful companies in aviation, flying around the wealthiest people in the world.
No money available for increased pilot compensation? Really?

NJA pilots deserve the best. The money is there, but you will all have to fight for it.