View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Alpine Pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: B1900 Captain

Originally Posted by Akutan Bandit View Post
Really nicely done, and if you really made these then good on you. This is on par with Top Gun for pulling in young pilots to the profession.

The morons at UPS and FedEx who make you wear a safety vest while flying should be fired.
Haha, yeah the vest has to be worn on the ramp, but not in the cockpit. Some pilots just don't bother taking it off.

And I'm glad you like the videos so far. Photography and videography have been a hobby of mine since I was a sailor on nuclear submarines, where among other things part of my job was maintaining all of the photo and video equipment in the periscope. My entire photo kit was stolen out of the trunk of my car last year and I've slowly been building it back up to do stuff like this again.

These videos were indeed simply made by myself with an iPhone 12 Pro Max and an Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III. I also mounted each camera on a gimbal or a monopod to smooth out the video while I walked around. To edit the footage I used iMovie on a 2015 Macbook Pro, but it's getting old and the 1080p video stressed it out, so it needs to be upgraded before I attempt crunching anything like 4k.

These videos were not commissioned or done as official company work, I simply made them because I could and because I felt like it. If they help recruit a few pilots for Alpine then that only makes my job easier in the training department. Stuff like this also lets me show the new pilots that arrive at Indoc what a lot of the things we're about to talk about look like, and I plan to do a few more as time allows.