Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 05:13 AM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
I personally like the VEDs and take full advantage of the program, but if the overall group says they must go for leverage, I'll be OK with that because it will put pressure on the company to up the salary part of the compensation that everyone will get. As far as not complaining about hotels and crew food and the uniform, I don't agree. When you have been here for a while, you will get very tired of the company failing to provide adequate service to us. Just complaining doesn't do much until enough people get fed up and use the use union surveys to get leadership to aggressively take these problems on. If the majority is lead to set the parking brake until adequate food is obtained (in a reasonable manner), the company will magically find a way to fix the issue (spend more money to get caterers to care and keep the metal moving). Or when the hotel sucks and doesn't provide adequate rest, leadership could lead the majority to call in fatigued or to "mitigate" their schedule to get adequate rest. This will get the company to make a needed change. The little things that affect our quality of life will be magnified as you get older and as the job itself starts to "get old".
Yes but pick your battles. Right now the focus should be on increasing compensation. The other stuff is a distraction. I've never had a problem with getting meal deviations when my crew food was no show. Maybe increasing the deviation amount idue to inflation is a legit argument though.