Thread: Crew Food/Rest
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2022, 05:36 AM
OnTheMeridian
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by ExecJet99 View Post
I’m not sure. There’s so many company leg humpers that believe anything the company or union says. Just read our message boards. DZ and GR come to mind. There’s finally a few over there that are chiming in and making waves. The problem is that if you say something the union doesn’t like you are shut off. So much for that pesky 1st amendment, I may new here but I’ve been at NJ since ‘99 and have seen this program before.
I've spoken with both the individuals you mentioned. Both of them take the time to think things through, apply facts and logic, and reach conclusions. I'm not saying I agree with every one of their conclusions, but they are far from company or union "leg humpers". I also don't necessarily agree with GR's tone when addressing people he disagrees with. I don't think he gets his point across well like that. It's unfortunate, because most of his points are valid and thought out a lot better than those of his detractors.

The message boards have become a gathering place for the miserable. The ones who wont be happy no matter what gets done. The ones who ooze jealousy at everyone around them who gets a break. The ones who feel they are victims of everything (the company, the union, their fellow pilots, the CBA, etc...) just because things aren't going the way THEY think they should be. It's a shame we don't have a cheese emoji to use with all the whine from the usual haters-of-everything.

According to them, things are just soooooooo bad there it's become a slave ship (and other such ridiculous hyperbole), yet they stay. Why do they stay if it's so terrible? Many of the haters are young enough to be able to have a nice career elsewhere. But they stay. Probably for similar reasons Pedro said he stays. Yet here you are on these boards lambasting him for expressing the very same reasons a few of the haters have claimed they stay.

The real problem is, the haters don't like union leadership using facts in their pursuit of gains. A few guys on the boards making absurd claims to prove their points which I can guarantee aren't the truth. For example, one guy on their said we work 14/10 everyday. That's total BS. Funny how all these guys claiming to work these days never take a screenshot of their Pulse and post it. Let me take a wild guess why they dont; because their duty averages will not show anything resembling them working 14/10 every day. I'm not saying we don't work a lot of long and/or difficult days, even some that are 14/10, perhaps many days that FEEL like 14/10, but they get so mad when union leadership points out they have to go into negotiations with hard data to back up their points, and the data does not support the idea that anyone is working 14/10 every day.

But the haters won't listen. They're all emotion and rage. Nothing else. They KNOW the company has HUGE amounts of money to pay us with because reasons. No facts or research, just 'feelings'. And when union leadership thoroughly outlines how they arrived at their conclusions (which involves a lot of research and paid outside economic consultants) they throw little temper tantrums because it doesn't line up with what they believe (beliefs based on no research, just feelings).

We are due for increases in compensation. It seems the handwriting is on the wall in big, neon letters. The company can't ignore it forever. The biggest danger we as a union face is not a leadership team that uses facts and data to guide them, but those who try to spread discord and hate towards our leadership and members they disagree with simply because, like toddlers, they aren't getting what they want right now!

As a side note, have you even read the first amendment? Most first amendment arguments are flat out stupid. The first amendment doesn't apply to a private message board. Maybe it would if the moderators and/or union leadership were branches of the federal government, but last I checked they aren't. And as someone else said, there are rules (-the TOS's) which have been in place for a very long time. Breaking the rules means consequences. Lots and lots of contrary opinions posted by the haters. Look at the Penalty Box. No one has been punished for a long time. Everyone gets to express their opinions as much as they want so long as they follow the rules. Oh, and I saw DZ and GR (multiple times for him) listed in the Penalty box. Seems like anyone who breaks the rules faces the consequences. There's no conspiracy to silence one side or another.