View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 04:17 PM
Alpine Pilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: B1900 Captain

Originally Posted by Dr Beeper View Post
Whoa, thanks for the detailed response to everyone's questions. The comment about those videos being like Top Gun for pulling people into the profession is spot-on.

Does all training take place in SLC? Any idea if the BIL base has a similar crew room? I'm sure it's not an easy way to spend a week's worth of sleep, but it seems like a great resource all the same.
Actually, last time I checked Billings has a crew apartment off airport down in the middle of town. Most people at any of our bases don't need a crew room or a crew apartment in their main base because our schedule brings us home at night. It's one of the things people like about Alpine, even if you work a long day you get to come home at the end of it. Places like that bunk room in the video or the apartment in Billings usually only get used when somebody is in town temporarily for training, a TDY trip, or something like that. Or once in a while a single new-hire will use them as a place to live in for a few weeks or a couple months while they find a new apartment or house for themselves. We also have a crew house about 10 minutes from Denver International in Aurora. It's located at the edge of town where you can take the back roads to DIA and not have to get on the congested highways to reach the cargo terminal.

As a heads up, I'm busy as hell the next several weeks. By all means keep the questions, emails, and PM's coming. But I may a few days to respond like I did here.