View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Blackhawk987
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: UH-60A/L
Default They will leave

Originally Posted by Sasquatched View Post
Sad day for the Envoy pilot group. Just when I thought management was coming around. I hope everyone attempts to speak with their feet. Get those apps out. Seniority is everything and all of ours at AA just took a big hit. Get out of here and let it burn. You might be surprised how little experience you need to get a call from UA or DL. It’s a race to decimate each other’s WO.
I honestly thought that Envoy was starting to pull out of their controlled decent into terrain. Flying with people from January to May and all anyone would talk about is the CJO that they got from DAL, UA, or SW. We were net loss 100 per month back then. Then they announced the money, the people with CJOs left anyway but a new breed of pilots started to emerge. From July until now this new group would say, “I’m making good money. I’ll flow in 1 to 3 years. I’m just going to wait for the flow.” I am predicting that with a reduced flow, making every line 4 four day trips a month at best, and now making almost everyone work weekends. The cockpit conversations will shift back to how quickly people can make their exit.
The company actually had a good thing going and they were starting to meet the goal of keeping people until their flow. We don’t have as many pilots around as we used to but I have faith that Envoy can make it hard enough enough to work here, (despite the pay) that we can get a few more months of 100+ pilots lost in a month. This isn’t a legacy, playing scheduling games before contract negotiations for PBS will have a different, longer lasting, detrimental effect than it is doing at Mainline before their chapter 6 negotiations. The pilot group here isn’t accruing AA seniority and they are still looking for their seniority at a legacy.