View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

I asked the benefits administator and had them clarify with Aetna- the provider- for the information I needed about previous conditions being covered for my significant other. The answer was that they will cover a previous medical condition in most cases as long as the person with the condition has had coverage from a different plan within 90 days of coming onto the companies plan and as long as you can prove the coverage was there with a certificate of credible coverage from the insurer. There are 2 medical plan choices and one of them has no copays. I believe there is a fairly small yearly deductable, but no copays after that. I'm not up to speed on the medication costs, but they are probably pretty good also. As far a negotiating a better plan for yourself goes that won't happen unless you pay for it yourself from an outside insurer. It's possible the next contract will have a better medical plan, but unlikely since the current 2 choices are already pretty good. Some military guys are keeping their military insurence, but if you do that you don't get anything extra in pay from the company even though it saves them many thousands of dollars. I hope things work out for you and your wife.