Thread: Pilot luggage
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 06:40 AM
mrpilotsir
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by R0GER BALL View Post
You spoke exactly to what I have used for years- and continues to work on the 73.

-Luggageworks 22” works on all regional jets. Empty your side pockets for the 200.
-Stealth cooler is great. Some food. Some snacks. And enough beer for those late arrivals to the hotel.
-Brightline is boss.

Watch Black Friday deals. I bought my cooler at a decent discount. But I’m not sure how well stocked sellers are… it’s a different world now
Some guys/ladies mange with two bags, I bring running/work out gear and pack lunches. That’s an automatic three. Which is fine.

Most important- buy and pack a black windbreaker type jacket. Stow side pocket on the 22”. On commutes/deadheads lose the tie and pull on the jacket so you’re instantly incognito.
And Bose QCs. Sitting in back with those on shuts the door to endless pax conversations. Usually. Not always!
You’ll deadhead more then you think. And when you do, get on first so your bags stay with you.
Got off topic. Good luck! I really enjoyed Atp/ctp. The only sims in your career that don’t threaten it.
PS- I’m a coffee drinker but have come to enjoy green tea in the cockpit. Wifey says it’s better for me. Perhaps you too.
I have heard people say online that many people can pick you out as a pilot just because of the LuggageWorks bag haha
I like the insights of your extra info tho!! thanks!

Does anyone have any experiences with Briggs & Riley bags? I know they are expensive but price is the only thing I have heard that is bad about them, it seems like once someone gets over the price they love the bag and the free fixing if anything happens to it.

The main usability difference seems to be the "tri fold garment folder" which would keep shirts and pants nicer maybe?
On a 3-4 day drip, how many backups to your uniform do you bring?