View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 11:06 AM
Climbto450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by usmc-sgt View Post
JetBlue is an odd creature (but you knew that.) The top X percent have been there essentially since new hires. They are fiercely protective over what’s theirs (two sandwich club) and are reluctant to give it up. As you’ve said, it’s the same folks who bid what they want and get it. They they drop it all as desired via trade board, followed by VDA. Or VDA over a trip and then double dip. Every month, every year. With exception of the outliers (FO and recently the 190 fleet) it doesn’t change. I’d imagine If you could look up who credits 150+ a month, you’d see 75% of them are the same
month over month. Look deeper and it’s the same for years.

At present, I don’t fault them. It’s seniority which isn’t a new concept. It’s also a union who negotiated for it and the pilot group who ratified it. Doesn’t mean it can’t be a survey item which becomes a contract ask in the future. Right off the bat though, you’ve got 1000 pilots who will vote no on it.
I would love to see what Spirit has for a premium time / VDA equivalent. Might be easier to pass if they have a bucket system like I mentioned. Agreed it would be an uphill battle with our current group.