View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 02:24 PM
JetPilotDaddy
Gets Holidays Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by Fly4FunAA View Post
Did you ever get any feedback for why you didn’t get it on the first try?
From those I've spoken to you get zero feedback. Could have been a bad score with the MMPI, not following the directions for the paperwork, or just a single thumbs down of the three in the interview room. Sometimes you just need to look back objectively and see if you threw up any red flags. I know a guy that quit his job to go do contract flying two weeks before his interview telling me he wanted some specific holidays off and didn't get it. Told me he was honest to them.
One guy in my group seemed great, but had showed up ten minutes late and wasn't in the CJO room in the end with us. Another had a very decorative non-professional mask on (those were required then). Were those the reasons? No idea, but it all is added up and scored. I even wonder if the time being social in the holding room is monitored and scored.

I wouldn't worry about not getting an offer. Just relax, smile, laugh at your mistakes, and apologize if needed. It was the most relaxed, non-threatening interview I've ever had.