Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Superpilot92:

You do not know my scope position. I'm very concerned that the DAL MEC and DAL Management will end up running the show and IMHO, their management of scope has been negligent through the tenures of Giambusso, Malone and now Moak. They just don't get it and I'm not sure they even care. They only see Boeings.

I have written my Reps repeatedly on the subject and they have advised that Section 1 of the new PWA was to be a paste job. When I pointed out that the language was contradictory and had to be resolved, the subject changed to how smart the guys on the committee were - IMHO, they had no answer.

ALPA seems to be spinning the political machine to say scope does not matter because fuel prices make the RJ's less efficient on a CASM basis. If you have yours or our EF&A analysis of the merger, you should see the numbers that indicate that ALPA is fully aware that the CASM on the DC9 is much worse than a CRJ200 and the CRJ700 even gives the MD88 a run for its money. These airplanes are a threat and unfortunately no one seems to be on top of the situation.

Events have moved past the previous plan for the DC9's. We are now hearing fuel has rendered these jets uneconomical. Delta had to go back and re-work the plan. The rumor on this side and obliquely showing up in the press is that NWA management may have approached this deal without the DC9's, generating questions about the fragmentation language in the NWA contract. That should alarm you - it scares me and I'm on the other side of the fence.

You think I'm a cooaid drinker and I admit the stuff they serve at Delta is tasty. But for you and me, I would be much more comfortable if we could get a straight answer out of our Reps about where Section 1 was headed. Your and my jobs probably hang in the balance.

Please show me any kind of company/media/ALPA publications that say NWA approached a deal w/o the DC9s. And if the CRJ200 is such a serious threat then why is DAL looking to sell COMAIR while shaving down their flying? Where do you guys get this stuff?

Last edited by johnso29; 04-01-2008 at 04:14 PM.