View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 04:12 AM
CX500T
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: NYC 7ERA

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
NO.

Our pay should be tied to inflation and should continue to go up even when negotiations stall so as to disincentive the current company behavior. I would propose our pay raises be inflation + 1%, rounded up, never to be less than 4%. Using this math we get the following raises -- these raises are retroactive and all pilots who were on the payroll at the time must be fairly paid:

01 Jan 2020: 4% -- a cumulative 4% raise
01 Jan 2021: 4% -- a cumulative 8.16% raise
01 Jan 2022: 8% -- a cumulative 16.8% raise
01 Jan 2023: 9% -- a cumulative 27.3% raise

Realize this, just to keep up with inflation since our last contract was signed requires a 20% DOS raise. Also realize the government plays BS games and inflation doesn't capture food and energy costs which FAR exceed the rate of inflation. Look at how much the cost of a ticket on Delta has gone up -- 43% if my memory serves properly. 18/5/5/5 is a kick in the face and should be an auto no-vote for anyone with an ounce of self-respect and half a brain. We've all seen it, $15 for a burger and fries at the airport, $150 to fill your diesel truck, insane increases in property costs. Every day the company delays makes my yes-vote that much more expensive.
I wish it was only $150 to fill my truck. 48 gallon tank,so 40 gallon normal fill. At current diesel prices it's more than that.
Following historical price is from EIA.gov
1/7/2019 $3.01a gallon (and was as low as $2.20 in summer/fall, but winter drives diesel prices up seasonally)
Today, BP three doors down from me, which is usually the cheapest or within 2-3 cents.
$5.78 a gallon.
Based on a 40 gallon fill up, that's $231.20 to fill. Was $120.4 at 3ish a gallon.

Thats damn near 100% increase.

Food, is also well above inflation.

The official inflation numbers don't include food or energy, but for joe average, they are the largest variable part of their budget. My property tax just got a significant uptick this year, over 10% and the city said that fuel for city vehicles (Fire, Police, DPW, School Buses) was the single biggest driver in it.