Thread: 18/5/5/5
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 06:16 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
That the moon Rocket shot contract opener would not result in a contract and in the end we would get a much more modest contract in the 1 billion dollar range but several years later. I was told by the forum however that the company badly needed a contract and with a tough MEC we would produce a historic contract on time in 2019. It was posted we had lots of leverage but no one would define what exactly the leverage we had working for us might be other than the company had training and pilot needs. How that could be converted to leverage with the no concessions on anything approach eluded me.I suspect now we will end up with under ⅓ of a billion in retro for 2019, perhaps even less.
Moonshots have been tried under the RLA many times. The success rate to date is zero. The secret to success is short ontime contracts that keep compounding and bring your competitors pilots costs up with you. That moves the NMB’s coveted zone of reasonableness up. We abandoned what works and tried what has never worked. The result so far is less than zero with inflation.
I'm fine with the wait. If we were ever going to take a moon shot now is the time with pilots in demand and the company set for billions in profits. Retro 4/4/12 which is about $1.5B (over 3 years) and DOS at inflation +5% is my minimum so good luck in your retirement. In the meantime I'll take my share of the success in profit sharing.