View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 01:17 PM
Web265
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: ERJ-170

Originally Posted by fcknglideslope View Post
Thanks for the responses. Definitely feels like they skew towards leaving law enforcement. I've got a few months to make a decision before my paternity leave expires.

On that note, do airlines accommodate you if you have a family emergency and are away mid-trip and need to return? Or is it just something you have to do, pay out of pocket, and deal with company repercussions later?

I think I'd like to work at somewhere like Republic, based in LGA and just do as many day trips as I can. Driving there would be 20-30mins. I have heard that parking, getting on the shuttle, going through security, eats up a lot of what is a pretty nice commute. Can anyone speak from experience?

I was LGA based right out of training for Republic. When you’re new you have to pay the dues Gods initially. I was on reserve, the reserves are not getting used all that much now so, as close as you are, you will likely be able to sit reserve on your couch. When I did get trips, it was unlikely for them to be one day. Once you get a line and some seniority, you should be able to get more day trips.

The parking and crew bus situation is a pain, but not horrible. It took a bit to figure out the system, I gave myself an extra 45 mins most of the time and didn’t need it. I like to be cautious. It’s been a while now but I don’t recall security being any worse than EWR or any other major airport. Good Luck!