View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 07:04 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Putin? It’s now Putin’s disinformation that is now responsible for the fact that the EU BUREAUCRACY in Belgium is becoming unpopular within the EU? You really have never lived in Europe, have you. What started as a free trade union among geographically close but historically separated countries has morphed over the years until it has become all controlling with the ultimate say on everything. It wasn’t just the pre-Brexit Brits that chafe at that bit.

But seriously, blaming Russia? Do the math. Russia has a GDP of ~$2 Trillion, and a population of about 143 million. That’s the eleventh largest GDP in the world - after Canada. The EU collectively has a GDP of $20 Trillion (roughly equal to that of the US) and a population of 447 million.

https://statisticstimes.com/economy/united-states-vs-eu-economy.php

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=The_EU_in_the_world_-_population

Russia is NOT.

I don’t know where you get your ‘facts’ about these things such as the availability and probability of obtaining variances of EU mandates when you have never lived there (don’t say that publicly in Greece by the way) even five minutes research on the internet disproves them but not all detractors of the EU are wrong and you certainly aren’t exactly right in this regard. They’ve already had Brexit and absent the COVID situation might already have lost a few other members.

EU membership approval hangs by a thread in France, one of its biggest economies, and has fallen continuously in Italy. Now I will grant you that the US Congress ain’t exactly overwhelmingly popular with the people in a lot of the states either, but no one has successfully broken away from the central government yet, like the Brit’s did with Brexit.

But clearly, blaming the EU problems in anyone but the EU is superficial at best. Yeah, the Russians have nukes (as do the Indians, Pakistanis, North Koreans, and Brits, but the Red Army is no serious threat to anyone but their immediate neighbors, and maybe not even them.

So again, I think you are looking at this very superficially when even a brief bit of research will disprove many of your assertions.

Happy Thanksgiving.