Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 05:31 PM
saganist
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2022
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SJS Maverick View Post
did it say 3 letters from pilots or just letters of recommendation? Maybe get three letters from people that know you. But I really don’t get how you can’t find three pilots to write a letter??? Maybe ask your old CFI or someone else at the flight school. You’d be surprised how people are willing to help out. Even ones you haven’t been in contact for a while. They know the game and aren’t going to be offended.
Maverick: Yes, I think I've seen it somewhere as LORs from pilots you've flown with. Looking at the pre-interview info from the company, they specify LORs in which "verbiage must attest to your flying career".

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
just ask anyone you have flown with. No one cares that you haven’t talked to them in years— they know the game and get it. Just ask… as long as you weren’t “that guy” you will be fine

no one will be offended.
Thank you for the advice, I think you're both right. This is basically what I've been doing, and I'll finish doing it.

Man, it's so uncomfortable imposing on people, but I agree, I think everyone in this world understands. I guess I'll salve my guilt by committing to pay it forward, if people ever ask me in the future.