Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 07:59 AM
RipIT
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by Cleared4what View Post
I received an email that they now bring in DEC captains as FO's for a few trips and then are eligible for upgrade. Is this correct?

Is one paid as an FO or Captain during this period?

If paid as an FO, what are the pay/benefits during training?

If paid as an FO during this time period, is there a bonus/back pay for successfully upgrading to Captain?

I read here that they now have 7 on/7off, is this reality?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

--I received an email that they now bring in DEC captains as FO's for a few trips and then are eligible for upgrade. Is this correct? This is correct.

--Is one paid as an FO or Captain during this period? You are paid as a captain from day 1 of training as a DEC (with benefits).

--I read here that they now have 7 on/7off, is this reality? 7&7 for all pilots beginning January 1st 2023.

Because of the unique nature of our operation, it was deemed necessary for DECs to have a period as an FO to become accustomed to the fractional / 135 operation. Unless you are coming from a similar background where the PIC does the majority of the flight planning (no dispatchers), coordinating the stocking and cleaning of the aircraft on the road, the face to face interaction with owners etc... the learning curve has proved too steep for many. Your ability as a pilot is only one part of the skill set. Dealing with the pace and schedule variability is something pilots coming from the 121 world's more predictable schedule and pacing can struggle with.

The recent changes to quality of life in the form of 12 hours of rest / 12 hours of duty, the new 7&7 schedule and the improved compensation has made work life a much easier pill to swallow. There has never been a better time to be at Planesense.