View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
rononymous
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Thanks for the replies guys.

Goodlivn - Congrats on the new job, I'm sure you're excited to be there. What base were you hired into? Thanks for the advice man, that's pretty much what I've been studying up to this point, plus some aircraft performance stuff which I saw they were asking about not so long ago. I'm not sure if they still do or not, but you can never be prepared enough right? I hear you 100% on the customer service end of things. That is what seperates Citation Shares from most fractionals. When you're relatively small like Shares, you have to stand out and they want to put the best people to represent the company out there, not just stick & rudder guys that want to close the door and never see a single customer. Hence the no sim ride for the interview. Just a couple of quick questions though, in what context were you asked about climb gradients? was it looking at a DP out of some mountainous airport? or was it a general, "tell me what you know about climb gradients" type question? Also, did you do more than one phone interview? did they ask you technical questions over the phone? Any curveballs thrown your way that you didn't anticipate? I'm sure I have a million questions, but I'll go easy on you for now Thanks again bud.

Josh - Thanks for the well-wishes, my times are right along the lines of your times: 2500TT and about 1600 multi with a fresh ATP. most of it as a 121 FO. I did have a couple of people pulling for me from the inside which obviously helped. I do know of a couple of people with an internal rec that got the phone call, but not the invite for an in-person interview. So you have to be on your game from the very beginning. As we all know, there are few, if any "gimme's" in this business. Good luck to you