Old 12-26-2022, 10:36 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I've never seen that (multiple airlines). The procedure has always been to correctly secure the *bad* engine and then leave the lever at idle. Pretty sure that on one or two planes I flew the engine cutout switch was actually past a detent below idle so the lever had to be all the way back anyhow.
I've never seen the lever left aft, multiple airlines, multiple corporate, multiple charter, fractional, AMCI, government, flight safety, simuflite, yada, yada. Piston horizontally opposed, radial small and large, turboprops, turbojets, turbojets.

Once the engine is secured, the position of that thrust lever makes no difference so far as the operation of the engine; as soon as it's secured, I want to know so I can have my throttle/power lever/thrust lever back. I want the same first full of throttles for operations. We're aware that an engine is out, but I'm pushing them all up together, pulling them all back together. Procedure complete, here's your thrust lever is a way of signifying that the engine is secure and that problem is handled.