View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
kman
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

try 6-9 years for an upgrade, unless there are massive retirements or large a/c order. Looks like its about on par with some of the majors now. Where do u guys get 5 year upgrade from? How many true upgrades this year so far? 20 Maybe?If were lucky we will have 60 true upgrades this year. Upgrades will hit the decade mark soon unless things speed up. I truly hope things dont take that long but with almost 3 years at NJA it will be 5 years at best for me. Good luck.

As far as comparing NJ to DL, You didn't include Greenslip pay ( correct me if Im wrong ) at 200 percent and You will most likely break guarantee as a line holder. My average weekly duty in a 7 day period is 79 hours. We may only fly 19 hours in a tour, but just as much duty time is as a person flying a 90hr line at the airlines. And who cares if u fly 10 hours a tour? IF you have 5 days of 12hr hot standby at the airport ( Like I did last tour ) id rather be flying. Too many of us say we only fly X amount of hours a month. Why dont you guys state how many hours of duty we do in a month? And as far as guar . goes we work on average at least equivalent of a 80-85 hour line at the airlines, so you should include that when factoring in how much we make.

How many bbj s do we have? Anybody hired in the last 7 years will they ever even see the BBJ? At least at the airlines you could possibly be a widebody captain. How many of us will even see the falcon? Not many.

How many 777's, 767, 747 do the airlines have? And how do they staff the widebodys? Last I heard it was about 10.5 or more per plane. NJA staffs at what 6.5? Also guys at delta were getting hired directly into the 75 76 did you figure those numbers in?

Im ranting but it just seems like too many guys try to make it seem like its perfect over here. Let the beating begin.

Last edited by kman; 04-05-2008 at 06:38 PM.