View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 03:28 AM
StarClipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by PurpleTail View Post
Lets try to give our NC the benefit of doubt, they have been working tirelessly to get a ratifiable contract to the Membership. Extensive polling has been conducted and the membership has been consistent and clear that retirement improvements is the number one priority since day 1 and that any pancake plan is not ratifiable so put that rumor in a grave. 8 No's from the union to the company, 15 total passes back and forth on retirement. Thats how many times the company tried to low ball us but the union pushed back. We have to read this agreement, once it gets to us, and judge it in its totality. Yes, I have my own show stoppers but I also have some discretion and wiggle room on other areas. Covid created a lot, I mean A LOT, of unusual one off scenario's that you don't see during normal operation and definitely not during a slow down like we are experiencing. I've been here over 20+ years and have lived through many booms and busts, its the nature of our business so just please, keep an open mind. We have almost 6,000 pilot, that means 6,000 different opinions, objectives, priorities and years left on property...there is no such thing as a one size fits all perfect contract.

Retirement was a costly big ticket item for the company so if the number comes in at or better than expected then I might have some flexibility in expected pay rates, but if retirement comes in below my expectations it'll have to be made up with better pay rates. Will be very difficult to get both but hoping for the best.

IN UNITY!
If you’ve been here that long, you should know that fixing the retirement was long overdue and shouldn’t be used to stifle any other gains in our contract regardless of its cost to the company. The company had a long time to plan and save for it. I want it all because I endured it all especially during COVID. There should be absolutely no wiggle room. #NO CONCESSION