View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 09:02 AM
JunkyardDog
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Default Exactly right

Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I am going to have to pile on here a bit.

I agree the NC has worked very hard, for that I am thankful. But just because you work hard doesn't mean you did well. Results matter. SHOW ME THE MONEY.

And by that I want more money in EVERY section possible. I will not be happy nor vote for a TA that has one thing fixed and the rest below expectations. WE HAVE EARNED THE BEST CBA IN THE INDUSTRY. PERIOD.

So I asked the NC Chair a question yesterday. I said, you said you are going for a 50% replacement ratio in our pension. And you have said you TAd section 28 without knowing the pay rates. SO either you you reached for a very high FAE like $530K (our current formula limit) or you tied our pension to pay rates like PSPP. Care to comment? After five or so minutes talking, his answer was "no" he was not going to answer. I fear PSPP in some form is back. And I fear all new hires will be forced into the "new" pension.

About your one size does not fit all, I have to disagree. Wa are labor. We must think more collectively. I have to think about the new hire, the ones who are out on LTD, domestic flyers, international flyers, pilots who get secondary lines, pilots who are about to retire, pilots who are getting divorced, pilots who just go t married, In short, I have to worry about all pilots and so should you. We must stand together or we will be divided and conquered.

When we stood shoulder to shoulder on Democrat, no one asked us which section we were most concerned with so they could put us in the right part of the line. WE were ALPA standing for ALL of us, carrying all of our concerns. We have to do the same when it comest to supporting our contract.

NO CONSESSIONS.

Anything less is capitulation.
Brian, thanks for asking questions. I am also concerned that Pat’s Stupid Ponzi Plan (PSPP) is still in play. The guy just won’t give up his bone. It is difficult to have faith in NC when he calls social media a cancer to negotiations. In my opinion, keeping secrets, back room deals (OIMs, etc), and concessions are the cancer that keeps us from being a unified pilot group and getting an industry leading contract. I hope I am wrong.