Thread: Contract 2023
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 04:20 PM
Aero1900
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA

I really don't think "negotiating in public" is as dangerous and stupid as some say. And are about to say.

Let's be real. We pattern bargain off of other airlines contracts. Thank God we are late in in the cycle and get to look up to Delta to set the bar. If our contract was up first and we had to raise the bar for the rest of the industry.... lol

At this time Alaska, Delta, JetBlue, Hawaiian and technically Spirit have reached new contracts. Hopefully United, AA and Southwest reach new deals soon. If that happens we will be the last one in the industry to get a deal. The bar will very clearly have been set. I really don't think us discussing it here is somehow going to give away secrets to management.

I say we should have a robust discussion and I hope people feel comfortable asking questions. Everyone can learn something. And some can learn a lot.

I did receive the phone survey. I will give the union credit that it seemed to ask all the right questions. I felt that my desires were heard.