Old 05-29-2006, 09:17 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Come On Man !!

Originally Posted by ksdc
Dear all,

Browsing the web searching for answers found your forum and read the posted responses regarding the EU.

Already a private pilot w/o any additional ratings -just VFR PPL. My great aspiration is indeed to go into the airline pilot buz. The truth of the matter is I don't know how to better go about finding the "optimal" training path. Some time has past since I was 18 years (+++...) but have a VERY strong science background (PhD in applied physics+work experience in aerospace R&D) my dream is still alive.

The reality checklist has among other items the key question: provided I complete the min requirements i.e. commercial, instrument, multi and somehow build some time would ever an airliner hire someone approaching 40s with no prior airliner experience? Alternatively, what are the prospects for Buz-Jet aviation?

Thanks.
ksdc
GEE You are not some dreamy eyed kid. What gives??? Few will hire you without "any" prior experience. Why would you want to do it anyway?? You will be poor and abused by your employer. Often science geeks have difficulty applying their "knowledge" to the real world anyway. Why not stay in the office and give up this high school kid idea?

Skyhigh