View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 08:07 PM
reCALcitrant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Had to post this in here also. From a thread I just started. Don't let these bastards play with your money.

From CAL website. Including Mainline and regional flying, 450 million gallons of jet fuel per year. Price from 4th quarter 2007= $2.35/gal including the 10% hedges. Price today from Coair website. 3.37/ gallon. BTW, that is at the highest level it has been this month. Makes a difference of $515,000,000 if fuel prices stay that high. This does not take into account ticket prices that have been going up or anything else. So, what this means if we didn't change a thing from last year, the company would make no profit. Still a lot of revenue, just no profit. BTW, we have $3 billion, yes billion in unrestriced cash. From the other article about Southwest, CAL states their fuel price will go up by 1.5 billion dollars. I don't know who their forecasters are, but seems to me their math sucks. And if they are expecting fuel to rise that much, why don't they hedge all of our fuel for the year with half the unrestriced cash at todays price??? Don't let them bull**** us into taking ****ty contracts or thinking they are hurting that bad. They are trying to pull a fast one on all of us. Stand tall get the pay raises and let them raise the darn ticket prices like they should!! That goes for all the pilots out there.

Last edited by reCALcitrant; 04-11-2008 at 08:57 PM.