Thread: Focus Air
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 AM
capt.Longthrust
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: N/A

The interview consisted of two days. First day was the computer tests consisting of a psych test and some kind of IQ test. Later on the drug test was done. Overall the first day we were done around 3p. There is a lot of standing around and waiting while each person is taking a turn. Always seems to be an HR person observing in some way the interaction. Second day was fingerprinting and HR interview, as well as interview with asst. chief. The CEO and VP of Ops come in and talk to the interview class on the first day for about an hour or two. CEO seems to be a very straight forward guy who pays attention to details. He wants to know everything that is happening out on the line. They are well organized for a start-up and very advanced as well for the technical side.

I am just coming off a furlough, so I know what you mean about skeptical. Everyone I have met so far seems to be genuine and I think that says a lot. They have paid cash for their a/c so far, so the money backing appears to be there.

They are planning on home basing for the first year and starting pay is $59.00 an hour. As far as a contract, this is the first time I will not work under one so who knows. I do know at the previous carrier, the company was good at dodging it anyway. Take care and let me know if you need anything else.