View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 05:33 PM
kman
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by TimSmith View Post
I believe if you look at the contract, pay and QOL get better every year, kman. There is the option of giving the company more operational flexibility, i.e. working the 15 day or 18 day, and they pay you a premium for it. If you work the 7n7, a rigid schedule, then you make base pay which increases every year and as you accrue seniority you are able to choose better vacations and have more vacation days, as well as acrruing more PTO days unless you have already used them.

Of course that isn't your point is it. You still think you are worth more and should work less. NJ is not the only employer around. A handful of employers just off the top of my head that pay more: SWA, UPS, FedEX, Cathay. I am sure there are more. Stick around here and help negotiate better pay rates next contract, or if you can't wait that long, market your skills to a company willing to pay your desired compensation.

It's what a free market is all about.
Hey, Im all for helping to raise the bar , and will offer my time for the cause. But as far as the current contract, the 7n7 pay gets about what a 3k yearly raise besides yr 3? Most likely be a 5-6 yr upgrade for me a new hire could easily hit close to a decade. It would start to get pretty old at 70k after 8 years as a fo. We currently are being compared to SWA, Fedex, UPS. 2nd yr FO for all those carriers are close to 100k, thats what I believe we need to be at.