View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Kdub
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Citation Driver

Originally Posted by kman View Post
Hey, Im all for helping to raise the bar , and will offer my time for the cause. But as far as the current contract, the 7n7 pay gets about what a 3k yearly raise besides yr 3? Most likely be a 5-6 yr upgrade for me a new hire could easily hit close to a decade. It would start to get pretty old at 70k after 8 years as a fo. We currently are being compared to SWA, Fedex, UPS. 2nd yr FO for all those carriers are close to 100k, thats what I believe we need to be at.
Wow. It doesn't take long to forget how the rest of the world lives, does it. Thats a shame.

I'm thankful everyday that I am privileged enough to live in the U.S. I'm also thankful everyday to be privileged enough to be flying jets in the U.S., and if I'm ever lucky enough to pile even more privilege on top of all that, and even fly for NetJets, I will be thankful every single day for that too. I could live the rest of my life on 70K..... and be truly, truly, thankful - content and satisfied. IMHO, happiness is found in giving thanks for the huge quantity that is in what you already have, and giving from that bounty to others less fortunate. Happiness/bitterness is a decision - I've made my choice. Since I'm already happy where I am in life, anything I achieve in the pursuit of continuous personal improvement is icing on the cake. Stepping down from the soap box now...