View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
MoonShot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Carl,

CVG767A already posted the number of 50+ folks at 2402. I indicated that if we were to merger based on relative seniority you would merge next to the number 711 guy at DAL. Of those 711, only 242 (or less because I don't know your date of birth) are going to be around on your retirement day (if they all make it that long). You will retire at 2% or better with a relative seniority merger. #251 is the WORST that you would do based on the info you gave us.

I think that we are all just trying to show you guys that some of the rumors that are going around are false. It is in everyones best interest to get this list squared away and on with life.

Protesting a new list based on rumors is no good. Lets all look at hard numbers and facts.

I'm willing to conceed that you lose less than 2% of your current seniority at retirement if we merge the list based on relative seniority now. Is that really worth tanking this deal for everyone? As long as we can get along, I think that this merged airline is going to be a great one.

As far as getting you a list, I'd be happy to send you one but I'm on probation and I'm sure that violates some code on page 409 in some employee handbook and I really don't care to deal with any of that.

Any DAL guy willing to set Carl up with a list only has to log in, go to Pilot Resources and Scheduling, April Seniority List and save it to their computer and email it to him.

Here's to a fair, quick, and fact based integration and a new joint contract!