View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by CVG767A View Post
I'm wondering where you got your data. I'm just under #1000 at Delta, age 50, and hired in 1987. I was one of the youngest in my class, as we were hiring a lot of Eastern pilots then. You're at about 10% on your list, I'm at about 13%. Our projected list has me moving to #89 by age 65 (pre-merger).

While you've obviously put more work into these calculations than I have, the numbers you come up with just don't make sense to me. I would hope that the MECs model this problem using data that both groups have verified.

As a 747 captain, you should see a QOL improvement as soon as you're under our contract; we fly our "ultra long-haul" flights with two captains and two F/Os. The number of 747 captains required will double.
You mean by age 60 don't you

On a side note to Carl and anyone else, if it does apply to you. Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to talk about how age is going to slow your seniority advancement if you're planning on staying till age 65? In essence you just bumped it 5yrs so why expect sympathy from the masses?