View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
iluvetops
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by kman View Post
Wow you guys amaze me. Whats wrong with being well paid? Im sure we could all live on 70k if we had to. But why not strive for more? And who is bitter and unhappy my life is great, but wouldn't it be nicer with an extra 30k in your bank?

And Kdub, how long have your worked for NJ? How the rest of the world does it? Do you think about the starving kids in the world every time you sit down for a meal? Maybe every dime over 70k you make you should donate to a charity?

What did it take for you to get your job? Was it easy? Maybe we should take a pay cut, because we all don't need anything more than 70k.

And why do so many pilots undervalue the price we pay to get where we are?

Did any of us land our job by sure luck or was it determination, hard work, education, debt, time away from family, sweat and tears? We could have all choose a path that was easier, more stable, with the ability to come home every night, but we didn't.

We all gave up and constantly give up a lot to get and stay where we are, why can't we be on par with the other side of aviation?

Is 50k lbs of cargo more valuable than a fortune 500 ceo?

You may think 70k at as 8 yr fo is fine and dandy, but I choose to think its not. And if we all carried the attitude of don't rock the boat and we should just be happy with what we got we would never see another raise is our lives.

Why is it that a ups or swa fo is so much more valuable than a NJA fo? Why shouldn't the QOL and time off get better with seniority? I got over 25 yrs of flying at NJA left (till age 60) if i so choose. Why can't I want more for me and my pilot brothers and sisters? For the amount of work we do compared to UPS, FedEX, and SWA, we need to be at least on par with there pay. And as far as QOL why shouldn't a 20 yr guy have a better qol than a 10 yr guy? Would you really be wanting to bust ur hump on a 7 day tour or more if you didn't have to at the age of 40, 50, 60?

I may have more questions than answers, but maybe you should ask yourself do you know what your worth? I sure do and its definitely more than 70k a year.

And at the minumum we should be around 90k for a 3rd fo on the 7n7 and 5 yr captains pay should be at 130k on the 7n7.
Maybe you should resign from NJ and join SWA, Fedex or UPS. This should make you happier in life.