View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:54 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

[quote=Carl Spackler;365041]Moonshot,

I don't understand your numbers, sorry. A buddy at Delta tells me that there are less than 100 guys over the age of 50. That means you have a built in demographic that is in essence a youth barrier that will be impossible to ever get past.

As stated in my first post, I don't believe that is right. If A-380's were purchased someday, someone like me could NEVER hold the airplane because my growth in seniority would be stunted by the youth barrier. This would be the case for all NWA pilots due to the Delta demographic. If so many of your 50 somethings hadn't taken the lump sum and retired early, I believe this list would be done already because the age distortion would not exist. This singular issue makes the DAL/NWA SLI a very challenging one indeed

Your buddy is incorrect. Delta has over 1100 pilots over the age of 50. Many are quite junior as they were hired late in life. I am around 700 and age 50. I was one of the youngest in my class. Nearly everyone ahead of me on the list is over 50.