View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
CVG and Sully,

We have quite a discrepancy in data. Sully says he is #2400 and the vast majority of pilots senior to him are over 50. The number I've heard from numerous sources is that there are less than 100 pilots at DAL over 50. A discrepancy like this should be easy to clear up. I wish I had a DAL seniority list with their respective birthdays.

Carl
Carl,

I just downloaded the Mar 2008 DAL seniority list (from our own website; I won't post it here). Of the first 300 numbers or so, only about FIVE are younger than 50. I am sure that we have quite a few more with lower seniority numbers that are also older than 50. I did not even check.

This idea that all our widebody captains are < 50 years old is a myth. We DID have somewhat of an "early" advancement due to the massive early retirements (at the loss of our pension, BTW) but remember that many of those early retirement were pilots who were within two or three years of age 60 anyway.

Here's to a joint SLI, and lucrative joint contract that will be the envy of everyone else.