View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Check Essential
Works Every Weekend

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 737 ATL

Originally Posted by AV8ER13 View Post
Your 13% roughly where he is 26% roughly, so he gets Rel. Sen. merged back at 26%, he loses a lot right? If my math is right or I understand rel. sen. then I can understand why he is against this proposal.
I understand that yes he stays at 26%, but look at it from his eyes, its as if his DOH means nothing.
And Yes I undertand it from DAL side, why should you lose your current Rel. Sen. position, its a catch 22, it sucks from Both angle
...It just seems the NWA guys catch more flac for their justification in protecting their sen # then DAL does.
I think sometimes people place way too much emphasis on what raw number they will be. It sounds really bad to some to be told that instead of retiring as #30 on the list you will now be topping out at #80.
What a screw job!
The fact is though, that what really matters in this profession hasn't changed in decades. Its money and quality of life. If those things improve for me as a result of a merger then I don't really care if I'm #1 or #10,000.
We each need to make an honest assessment of those factors before deciding if a proposed list is fair.
If the guy at #80 on the combined list is making lots more money and holding the same or better trips and days off than he would have at his original stand-alone carrier #30 position - Then it would be the height of folly to oppose a list based on his perceived "loss of seniority".