View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 AM
FDXCapt
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: M77C

Originally Posted by jagplt View Post
One thing from a training pooint of view...

Let's look at a guy that's been in the DC-10 for ... oh a million years... now he'd faced with a training program like the MD-11. Will the training standards be the same? Relaxed? Wll all of them make it.. those that don't, where do they go? not back to the DC-10! Over 60 can retire.... the others.?

what say you folks?
Come on guys - don't be afraid to read the contract. It's even available online! Of course, if it was a rhetorical question - my apologies.
11.I.2.g. If a pilot is unable to return to his current crew position because that position is unavailable as provided in Section 11.I.2.f. (above), the following shall apply:

i. he shall be awarded a crew position in the same crew status as his most recent crew position consistent with his updated standing bid preference, provided he has sufficient seniority to hold that position; or

ii. if he is unable to designate a crew position in accordance with Section 11.I.2.g.i (above), he shall be awarded a crew position based upon his seniority and his updated standing bid preference; or

iii. if his seniority does not enable him to hold a crew position under Section 11.I.2.g.i or 11.I.2.g.ii. (above), his employment status shall be determined by the Vice President, Flight Operations, consistent with the seniority and qualifications of the affected pilot.

Last edited by FDXCapt; 04-16-2008 at 08:14 AM.